After early morning breakfast, drive to Lake Mburo National Park for about 3 hours. After lunch, embark on afternoon boat-cruise on lake Mburo and get quite close to crocs and hippos. Birdwatchers will enjoy the more than 250 species of birds found in Lake Mburo including Papyrus Gonolek, Brown faced Lapwing. Carruther’s Cisticola, the extraordinary White winged Warbler and Bare-Faced-Go- Away bird then later followed by an evening game drive.
After an early morning breakfast proceed for a game drive or a safari walk under the guide of an armed ranger. The leisurely pace of a walking safari also provides excellent opportunities for the keen photographer. The Kopjes are particularly interesting and camouflage kilpspringers and topis. Due to cattle herding in the area it is amusing to see zebra grazing alongside the long horned Ankore Cattle peaceably. Drive through the “Switzerland of Africa” area known as the Kigezi Highlands with its terraced hillside and winding roads to Bwindi for about 6 hours.
Early morning entry into Gorilla sanctuary. This rainforest is spectacular. It offers a dramatic steeply forested landscape and is incredibly dense, but criss-crossed by numerous animal trails allowing access to tourists. Mammals recorded include the endangered mountain gorilla, rare golden monkey, buffalo, elephant, black-fronted duiker, bushbuck, leopard, giant forest log and others. This park is best known for the fascinating gorillas. The time taken and the terrain vary according to the movements of these marvellous primates. The thrill of spending time and observing the gorillas is a rare, moving, awesome and exciting adventure. The gorilla is a shy and peaceful animal and it is unforgettable experience to watch and photograph them as they interact.
Meal Plan: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park and proceed to Mweya Peninsular via the Ishasha sector for a chance to see the famous tree-climbing lions (5 hour journey). Afternoon boat cruise on the beautiful Kazinga Channel. This launch cruise offers an excellent platform for photography, bird watching and game viewing. The prolific bird life is colorful and stupendous with well over 550 resident species.
Morning game drive. Queen Elizabeth National Park’s diverse eco-system of grassy plains, tropical forest, rivers, swamps, lakes and volcanic craters is home to an incredible abundance of wildlife. Game drives in this park, with the massive Rwenzori as a backdrop provides excellent opportunities to see lion, leopard, giant forest hog, Cape buffalo, elephants, Defassa waterbuck, Uganda Kob, Topi and bush buck. The game drives and the boat trip are a memorable method of discovering a vast array of Ugandan wildlife. Drive back to Kampala stopping at the Mpigi Royal Drum Makers en route where you will able to watch the ceremonial drums being crafted using methods passed down through generations. There will also be time to stop at the equator for photographs. You arrive Kampala in the early evening. Drop off at your hotel. (6 hour journey).
|1 PAX||2 PAX||3 PAX||4 PAX||5 PAX||6 PAX||SRS|
Meal Plan: Breakfast
We hope you have enjoyed your safari and short stay in the beautiful pearl of Africa and hope to see you next time.
- Accommodation in Standard Rooms in safari lodges/camps and hotel facilities as mentioned in the itinerary.
- On the ground transport in a 4X4 Safari Toyota Land-cruiser
- Game drives, excursions and sight-seeing activities (if any) as described above
- Activities (if any) as outlined in detailed itinerary
- Transfers as indicated in the itinerary .
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Gorilla permits.
- 3 Chimpanzee permits
- Services of an English-speaking driver/tour guide
- Bottled water, fruit and snacks whilst on safari
- 1Personal expenses such travel and medical insurance, excess baggage fee, communication charges that include, emails, faxes and phone calls beverages including water, soft drinks, luxury champagne, spirits or meals not included in the itinerary.
- Gratuity for porterage/ waiters at hotels, camps and airports
- Gratuity for your professional driver guide
- Cost of obtaining Visas ($50
- Any optional tours and excursions not mentioned in the itinerary .
- Travel Insurance
- International Airfare
- 1. Entry permit/visas for Uganda if required..
- 2. Accommodation & meals in Kampala before & after safari.
- 3. All drinks apart from those served for breakfast.
- 4. Beverages, tips, souvenirs & all items of a personal nature.
- 5. Any deviation from the suggest program.
- 6. All extras NOT mentioned in the inclusive section.
- 7. Any personal insurance covers
Please note that gorilla tracking is a strenuous activity and one should be physically fit to enjoy this tour. Minimum tracking age is 15 years. Anyone with signs of communicable diseases will NOT be allowed to track. While possession of a gorilla permit is a guarantee of trekking and sighting the gorillas, the quality of the gorilla trekking cannot be guaranteed. Maximum time allowed with the gorillas will NOT exceed ONE hour. We strongly recommend the following: Rain poncho (lightweight), long-sleeved shirt, waterproof trousers, sturdy hiking boots, leather gardening -type gloves, sunscreen, insect repellent and any necessary medications must be brought by yourselves either from your home town or from Kampala. Still Cameras and Camcorders are allowed, but bring batteries and film from Kampala Required Info to Issue Gorilla Permits: Full names as they appear in your passports Nationality Passport numbers. Date of Birth
- 1.Warm and light clothes
- 3.Insect repellent
- 4.Some cash to cover personal expenses like soft and alcoholic drinks
- 5.Walking/hiking shoes
- 6.You may carry cameras and binoculars if you possess them.
- 7. Enough dose for those who may be on medication.
- 8. An extra pair of glasses for those with eye defects.
- 9. Sun glasses and hat/cap.
- 10. Basic personal items in general.