Samburu National Reserve is one of the lesser-known national parks but is nevertheless teeming with life. Situated alongside the Ewaso Nyiro River, there is plenty to attract wildlife from the surrounding Savannah plains.
The reserve is rich in wildlife with an abundance of rare northern specialist species such as the Grevy’s zebra, Somali ostrich, reticulated giraffe, gerenuk and the beisa oryx (also referred to as Samburu Special Five).
The reserve is also home to elephants and large predators such as the lion, leopard, and cheetah. Kamunyak the miracle lioness that adopted the baby oryx was as a resident in the reserve.
Wild dog sightings are also a common attraction to this unique protected area. Birdlife is abundant with over 450 species recorded.
Day 1: Departure
Pick up at the Nairobi hotel or Nairobi airport at 6.00am thereafter proceed to drive North via the central highlands and Mt. Kenya with the views of coffee plantations and other subsistence farming activities into Samburu National Park arriving in time for lunch. Have a short relaxation then later at 4pm proceed for an evening game drive. Dinner and overnight at your preferred lodge/camp.
You will have breakfast then you shall spend the whole day with game viewing drives. Samburu is spectacular and scenic. It is an area where Game viewing drives in this dry and scenic game reserve are concentrated along the banks of the Ewaso Nyiro River. This is where most wildlife such as Elephants, Leopards, Hippo, Reticulated Giraffe, Grevy’s Zebra and Crocodiles is found. Over 365 species of bird have been identified in the sanctuary. Dinner and Overnight at your preferred lodge/camp
Early morning at 6.30am game drive then return to the lodge for breakfast thereafter check out with an exit game viewing and proceed to Nairobi with lunch stop en-route. Arrive in Nairobi late afternoon.
SAMBURU SAFARI TOUR PRICE INCLUDES:
- Transport in a customized safari vehicle with a pop-up rooftop
- Accommodation at your preferred budget, standard or luxury lodge/camp
- Full board meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) – Services of an experienced English/other language driver/guide
- Comprehensive game drives
- Park entrance fees
- Bottled drinking water whilst on safari
- Pick up/drop off at hotel/residence
- Park entrance fees
SAMBURU SAFARI TOUR PRICE EXCLUDES:
- International air ticket fare
- Accommodation in Nairobi
- Items of personal nature
- Drinks and gratuity for waiters, porters and driver
- Personal expenses such as Travel insurance.
- Anything else not mentioned in the inclusions.