DAY 1: NAIROBI – DRIVE TO SAMBURU GAME RESERVE
Pick up at your place of choice followed by a safari briefing will on the adventures ahead. Depart by road driving across the equator from the Southern to the Northern Hemisphere, and onwards to the semi-arid region of the Samburu Game Reserve.
Arrive at the camp or lodge in time for lunch, followed by some leisure hours for a siesta or swim before an afternoon game viewing drive, and return back to the camp for dinner.
DAY 2: EXPLORE SAMBURU GAME RESERVE
This full day in the Samburu Game Reserve will be spent searching for the big five, the Samburu five and observing the vast unspoiled scenery during morning and afternoon game viewing drives.
The park is plentiful with crocodiles that bask on muddy riverbanks and velvet monkeys that frolic in the late afternoon sun. Samburu is renowned for its rare species of fauna known as the ‘Samburu five’.
These five particular animals are usually only found north of the equator – the long-necked gerenuk, the reticulated giraffe which is characterized by its liver-colored geometric patches defined by narrow white lines, the Grevy’s zebra which is smaller than the common zebra and looks more like a horse, the beisa oryx with a black horizontal stripe running across its lower flank and the Somali ostrich males which have blue-grey necks and thighs.
A camel-back safari is a specialty in Samburu, as well as a cultural visit to the Samburu people who depend on their cattle, goat, sheep, and donkey can be arranged.
Dinner and overnight at Samburu Sopa Lodge
DAY 3: SAMBURU NATIONAL RESERVE – AMBOSELI
For your final day in Samburu National Reserve, an early morning game viewing drive is planned for you, or instead, you might decide you would like to sleep in. Breakfast will be served at the camp or lodge, after which you will depart by road to Nairobi.
END OF SAMBURU SAFARI
• Accommodation as stipulated in the itinerary.
• Transportation in a chauffeur-driven safari 4 x 4 Safari Land cruiser with a pop-up roof for easy game viewing & photography.
• Services of an English-speaking driver-guides, unlimited game viewing drives, and park entrance fees as indicated in the itinerary.
• Unlimited mineral water per day in the safari vehicle.
• All meet and greet services.
• All arrival and departure transfers.
• 24 hours stand-by contact number.
- Meals as indicated in the
- Guaranteed window seat of your
- Two-way long-range high-frequency radio communication in each
- On safari accessories in each vehicle: – First-aid kit, wildlife books, a pair of binoculars, Fridge, Socket for charging your cameras/Laptops/Phones and fire
- All items of personal nature g. telephone call bills, fax/email bills, etc.
- Tips and gratuities to hotel, lodges, camp staff and driver-guide(s).
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic
- Any other item(s) not included in our
NB: Accommodation is subject to availability in time of booking